Thursday, March 12, 2015

Changing Everything by Molly McAdams (Review)

Changing Everything (Forgiving Lies, #2.5)
Genre:
New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Publication.Date  March 3rd, 2015
Pages:112
Published By:  William Morrow Impulse
WebsiteMolly McAdams

Changing Everything on Goodreads
My review copy:e-ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Where to get:
http://www.amazon.com/Changing-Everything-FORGIVING-LIES-Novella/dp/0062391410/ref=tmm_mmp_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1421082474&sr=8-1 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/changing-everything-molly-mcadams/1120818375?ean=9780062391407



Paisley Morro has been in love with Eli since they were thirteen-years-old. But after twelve years of only being his best friend and wingman, the heartache that comes from watching him with countless other women becomes too much, and Paisley decides its time to lay all her feelings on the table.

Eli Jenkins has a life most guys would kill for: Dream job, countless women, and his best friend, Paisley, to be the girl he can always count on for everything else. But one conversation not only changes everything between them, it threatens to make him lose the only girl who has ever meant anything to him.

When tragedy strikes his family and Eli is forced to reevaluate his life, he realizes a life without Paisley isn’t a life at all. Only now, he may be too late.

(Goodreads)

"I have the pillows propped up just the way you hate them," I offered, still speaking into the phone.
His blue eyes darkened, and voice dropped low. "That sounds perfect."
My breaths came heavily as I tried to find the words to say for her to understand how serious I was about this--about us. I wished I'd thought of something before I came over here and started fumbling my worsd to the point where I was sure I was making it worse.
"I want you, Paisley."
"Are you laughing?" Kristen shrieked. "Are you kidding me? You--ah! Mother Russia!"
"You're perfect," he mumbled. "Absolutely perfect."

You know, I've been waiting for something new to feed my Molly McAdams addiction for a while. And now...here it is. And I've already read it and it's over and it was so great. Yet again, Molly McAdams has written a love story that warmed my heart and set butterflies scattering all through my stomach.

I adored Forgiving Lies and Deceiving Lies. Kash and Rachel were fantastic. But I was actually very interested in Eli in those books. He's not around much, but he's important enough to Rachel (and he DOES show up) so that I wondered about him. And then when we saw him with his girl... yeah. I could totally get behind this story. It's one I was definitely curious about, and it's one I'm so glad Molly McAdams told.

Eli and Paisley are best friends. Paisley loves the crap out of Eli--in a way that's more than friendship--and Eli has no idea. These two together are always amazing. Whether it's when they're adorable best friends or an even more adorable couple, I loved these two together.

I liked Paisley. She was cute. Sure, she waited forever and a half to tell Eli about her feelings, but I still commend her for opening her mouth at all. And not only that, but I think it was great how she stood by her feelings and then went for what she wanted, even though she had to go for another guy. She wasn't sitting around like a sad puppy waiting for Eli to figure things out. I hold loads of respect for this chick who went for what she wanted. 

I loved Eli. Yes, he took a bit to pull his head out of his butt and get into a real relationship with his girl. But he was kind, caring, and so sweet. Throughout this entire story, it is incredibly easy to see how important Paisley is to Eli. He doesn't even try to hide it. The only thing he needed to grow into was the NATURE of that. And...he did. So I can love him all I want.

While I have to admit I didn't bawl my eyes out or anything, this story was a hit to the feels. I felt so much for this couple trying to find their way together--and getting kind of lost along the way, both by faults that were their own and some that weren't. Molly McAdams' writing is addicting, as always, and pulled me through the book in one sitting. Literally. No potty breaks or anything. I FLEW through this book. Written in both Paisley and Eli's POV, there was always something to hold my attention. The only sort-of gripe I have (and it didn't really affect my enjoyment of this book, but it's worth pointing out anyway) was that the story was predictable. That was greatly counteracted by emotion and sweetness, but still.

The romance made my heart so, so happy. I mean, it did drop a couple of times before Eli and Paisley made their way to being a couple, but once they did? DANG. Heck, my heart went all kinds of aflutter several times BEFORE they even figured their stuff out. Because, as I said, these two are super freaking adorable. 

Overall, Changing Everything is a sweet, heartfelt story that deserved to be told. I am so glad we got this little piece of the Forgiving Lies world, and that we got to see Eli and Paisley find their way together. And yes, I am even MORE excited for Trusting Liam now. But when is there ever NOT something making me even more pumped for that book?



Blog Twitter Goodreads Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...