Thursday, May 28, 2015

BEA Armchair: Visual Expressions & Social Media

Armchair BEA

Poor, Andrea. Never gets to go to BEA. Stupid logistics, timing, and money. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through the tweets and Instagram pictures of those who went.  :)  So since I couldn't go to BEA, I'm going to join in on the fun of BEA Armchair.

Visual Expressions

There are so many ways to tell stories. Whether it's comic books, graphic novels, visual novels, webcomics, etc, there are quite a lot of other mediums to tell a story. On this day, we will be talking about those books and formats that move beyond just words and use other ways to experience a story.

I don't normally read graphic novels, my husband on the other hand is a huge fan, but every once and a while I'll pick one up. Unfortunately, I haven't found any that I really loved. Joe has given me a few he thinks I'll like but I have such a hard time getting into them. The art work is beautiful and I think it's a wonderful talent to be able to tell stories through this medium, but it just doesn't seem to me my thing.

I' have reviewed a few graphic novels here on Bookish Lifestyle; my two favorites I've encountered were Chasing Shadows by Swati Avasthi and Illustrated by Craig Phillips and Through the Woods by Emily Carroll.

Social Media

How do you use social media to expand your blogging/writing horizons? Social Media is all about networking and connections, and utilizing today's technology to the fullest. Make sure you mention your own social media pages. Do you have another blog, maybe a Tumblr? Have a Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook? Or maybe there's an underrated social media program that you like.

I don't use a whole lot of social media when it comes to blogging - I do like to keep something personal - so the only social media forum I use for Bookish Lifestyle is Twitter (@beutybutfunygrl), Tumblr (bookish-lifestyle), and Goodreads (Andrea {Bookish}).

Bookish Lifestyle does have a Facebook page (click here to like us!) and Evie posts some amazing pictures on her Instagram (eviebookish) that you'll definitely want to check out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...