Saturday, April 23, 2016

Explanation and apology to Helena from @BookNerdAddict

So I am sure most of you saw my recent post about "How to start a successful Society6/RedBubble store and NOT piss off a whole lot of people.". By now it has probably circulated the universe, along with Helena's Letter. 

I didn't know anything about Helena's Letter to Readers and Followers until a friend of mine pointed me to the post. To which I replied: Who is this person? 

Dear Helena, words can't explain how deeply sorry I am that my post has caused you so much grief and pain. It was never my intention to cause pain like this to anyone, and especially not you, who is completely innocent and unrelated to this whole mess. I wasn't talking about you in my post. I didn't know about your Society6 store until an hour ago. The designs I mentioned in my post really were almost identical copies, and not just same graphic packages we purchased on Hungry Jpeg. It was a whole different situation that the other person and I have resolved over DMs on Instagram. 

I had no idea that my followers took it upon themselves to investigate and I feel so sorry that somehow you became the victim of their outrage. I never ever mentioned you to anyone, simply because it was never-ever you and I didn't even know about your designs. 

When I talked about copies in my post, I meant very similar designs, not just same graphic packages. Of course, as a designer, I understand perfectly that we all buy the same stuff. My situation was more complicated than that, and if I didn't make it clear enough in my post, I apologize. 

Dear readers and friends, I apologize to you too, for causing the drama with my post. Drama is exactly what I've been trying to avoid by not naming the person and her store. Drama is exactly what I have caused, and I am sorry. So incredibly sorry.

I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me. 

Sincerely yours,
Evie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...